Monday, April 9, 2012

March: My Month in Books

I swear every time I write these posts, it baffles me to think where the month has gone. Once again, March sped by and I'm still trying to catch my breath!

Total books read: 4
Queen of the Night – Leanne Hall
The Secret Lives of Dresses – Erin McKean
By The Time You Read This, I’ll Be Dead – Julie Anne Peters
Preloved – Shirley Marr
What?! Pretty sure this is my all-time lowest monthly book count in the past couple of years. I feel sure I read at least another book, but didn't record it/cannot remember at all. Eeep!!

Queen of the Night - love, love, loved! I hope to review this soon because I adored revisiting Nia, Jethro and the beautifully weird world of Shyness.
The Secret Lives of Dresses - Borrowed from a friend, it was the kind of adult fiction I enjoy reading.
By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead - I received this a month or so ago after a swap with Braiden. It was an emotionally intense read which addressed some pretty confronting issues. A difficult by worth-while read.
Preloved - thank you Walker Books for sending me a copy! Again, I really enjoyed this and look forward to sharing my thoughts with you all soon.

Books I attempted to read (but didn't finish): 0
At least as far as I can remember ...

What I'm looking forward to reading in April:
Love-shy - Lili Wilkinson (reading this at the moment)
I've also got Paige Harbinson's New Girl on my desk to start shortly.

Mostly, I'm hoping to get back into a routine of going to the library regularly and get out of the funk I feel like I'm falling into! So I know it's a week late, but I'd still like to know:


What did you read in March? What are you looking forward to in April?

2 comments:

outdoor movies la said...

Cool blog!

Vegan YA Nerds said...

You read some great books in March! I loved Queen of the Night and Preloved and I think you will enjoy Love-shy, it's one of my favourite books of 2012!

Mandee xox

Post a Comment