Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Preloved: Shirley Marr

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine to "spotlight upcoming releases".

I am a huge fan of the delightful Shirley Marr, and was lucky enough to hear her speak at the 2010 Melbourne Writers Festival (and get my copy of Fury signed). Now I can't wait to get my hands on Shirley's sophmore novel, Preloved.


Preloved - Shirley Marr
Walker Books - April 1st, 2012

From Walker Books: Amy is always the support act to the beautiful and glamorous Rebecca. When they find a locket during an 80s dress-up day, Rebecca does not want anything to do with it as she thinks it is ugly. Using wisdom borrowed from Tolkien, Amy is able to open the locket and when she does she releases the ghost inside. Logan, the handsome teenager - obviously meant to haunt Rebecca, but stuck with Amy.

Quick, add to to your Goodreads wishlist!
If you don't already, start reading Shirley's blog Life on Marrs.

What books are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

theflutterbyroom.com said...

Love the cover and the blurb sounds interesting. Brilliant pick, I may have to add it to my tbr pile thanks for highlighting it :)

Mel said...

I can't wait for this one either. I loved Fury and Shirley is one of the nicest people.
I just love the cover and the books sounds really interesting.

Donna said...

That sounds like a fun read.

Girl Who Reads

Kristin said...

Oh I've never read anything by the author before but it sounds like a great book.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Post a Comment