Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Girl Friday gets a Makeover


image source: we ♥ it

I decided that My Girl Friday was way, way overdue for a new look (I have had the previous blue design since September 2010). I wanted a clean design, that felt fresh and feminine and so I purchased this lovely template from Yellow & Savvy on etsy, and would highly recommend Steph-Anne's service for Blogger and self-hosted Wordpress templates.

Hopefully this new design is showing correctly on your internet browser, but please let me know if you're having issues and I'll do my best to resolve these (I have noticed a few teeny things in Internet Explorer, which I hope to get ironed out asap).

I've also made a few admin changes around here, which I hope you'll find useful!
Review Archive - instead of having to try and find my reviews from my old Books Read lists, I know have all of my reviews in one handy-dandy location. I also have a seperate review list for Australian YA titles.
Review Policy - I have updated my review policy to reflect the future direction of the blog.
Blogroll - I've updated and tidied my blogroll on the right, under What She's Reading with a list of Australian YA bloggers.

I hope you like my new look, and I'm really looking forward to sharing lots of Aussie YA goodness with you this year!

5 comments:

Shirley Marr said...

Missy, the new layout is absolutely beautiful. So simple and striking. I for one, cannot resist that fanciful hot pink doily.

x Shirley

ps - you're such a bright cookie, I see you've discover the title of my new book already ;-D

Miss Friday said...

Hi Shirley,

I'm so glad you like the new layout - I'm rather fond of the pink doily too :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Love the new layout! <3

Miss Friday said...

Thanks Leanna!

Catherine said...

The layout is very nice! Clean and simple - pink is a great accent colour for neutrals like white and grey.

I really should design a new layout for my book blog (or at least keep the same shape just with new colours) but for now at least I've updated the personal's look. Really need to update the information on the book blog though. So behind. :(

Post a Comment