Monday, January 23, 2012

Aussie YA Week at BTL

Are you guys all reading between the lines? If not, you should be! This week they are celebrating all things Aussie YA (as for those of you who are not Australian, January 26 is Australia Day).

source: we ♥ it

Today they take us on a little trip down memory lane, with a reading flashback to Melina Marchetta's Looking for Alibrandi. I first read this book in 2000 and it was then a set text for my year 9 English class and it couldn't have been more perfect for that time in my life. Every time I re-read Alibrandi (which is probably once a year), I think about that year (2002) - my school, my friends at the time, that English class and how that English teacher really made me love reading during a time when a lot of other things in my life were not going so well. Oops - sorry for the little waddle down memory lane.

Now seriously, go bask in the Aussie goodness!

1 comments:

Cass (Words on Paper) said...

My brother had to read this for year 12 (HSC!), I wish I'd read his copy before he had to return it when he graduated. :S I really need to get to reading one of Marchetta's books!

Yay for Aussie YA!

Post a Comment