Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Favourite Christmas Specials


It's no secret that I'm kind of a Christmas freak, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I love a good Christmas special. I thought it would be fun to share some of my favourites with you:

Community: Regional Holiday Music
My most recently viewed Christmas special, and I loved pretty much every minute of this Glee-spoof. By now, you all probably know that my love of Christmas is only surpassed by my love of musicals so it was win/win all round for me. Even Annie’s song Teach Me How to Understand Christmas, spoofing Santa Baby (one of my all-time most-intensely-disliked Christmas songs) made me laugh. Whilst season two’s Christmas special was great, I definitely enjoyed this one more.

Sorry - I can't get the video to embed, but please watch this example of awesomeness that is Troy and Abed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X6hG2u89xk

Misfits: Christmas Special
What a way to cap off an amazing second season! I love this episode (with the exception of the final five minutes - which I'm pretty sure everyone else who has seen this would agree with me). There's so many brilliant (and awkward moments) - and I adored the introduction of preggers teen Marnie (I totally ship her and Nathan). There's also creepy Jesus, some lovely Simon/Alisha bits,

Scrubs: My Own Personal Jesus
I used to be a really big Scrubs fan (though I stopped watching around season six I think), and this episode is back from the early days of season one. I love that is does touch upon the spiritual aspect of Christmas, without being preachy or schmaltzy - just the right amount of warm and fuzzies. The whole 're-finding your Christmas spirit' as a plot is an oldie, but a goodie (when done well).

I also really like:
That 70s Show: An Eric Foreman Christmas
Veronica Mars: An Echolls Family Christmas
Big Bang Theory: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis

What are your favourite Christmas specials?

0 comments:

Post a Comment