Thursday, November 24, 2011

Quiet in the Blogosphere


Hello! I thought I'd begin with a picture of myself as it feels so long since I've properly blogged, you may have all forgotten about me!

Now I know it's definitely affected me, but has anyone else noticed what seems like a wave of silence has fallen over the YA blogosphere? I'm not sure if it's just a busy time of year, if people have other committments or if there's just a general sense of 'blah' at the moment, but things seem to be very chill.

You will have noticed my lack of regular posting since I got back from holiday last month. Guys, I have to admit I'm in a bit of a reading slump and am also having a minor blogging identity crisis. There are some pretty big changes I'd like to make around here, so hopefully you will be seeing/reading some shiny, new content soon.

Anyway, I hope you're all well - feel free to share any reading recommendations in the comments (because I could really use some good ones right about now).

3 comments:

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I've totally noticed that wave of silence in the Ya blogosphere that you're talking about! Things seem a lot quieter!

All my November reads have been pretty blah, so I can't make any good recs. Hmmmmm...Have you tried Between by Jessica Warman? I read that in October & thought it was great! x

kate.o.d said...

i know i'm a little bored of posting because i'd really rather have a conversation about a book, rather than putting my thoughts out and then having to look around multiple blogs to read what other people thought...and then reading the comments that just consist of "wow great post" "great review" (sometimes even when it isn't) and "i won't be reading this now" based on ONE REVIEW.

me = disillusioned with interwebs.

i've really enjoyed the new jasper fforde YA/middle grade book 'song of the quarkbeast', the montmaray books by michelle cooper and especially mal peet's 'life: an exploded diagram'. hmm. might pop that on ye old blog. am halfway through gabrielle zevin's 'all these things i've done' and it's pretty ace.

and i got my hands on gabrielle williams' new book, but shall hush on that for now.

looking forward to seeing your big changes!

Nomes said...

oh, i have been incredibly quiet too. i always think of awesome things to post about... and then never get around to sitting down and writing the posts :)

nice to see you around :)

Post a Comment