Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mixed Bag #42

Good morning friends! Right now I'm writing this post at 4.30am(!!!) because I woke up with insane hayfever and can't get back to sleep due to constant sneezing. So I thought I'd take my mind of my nose by sharing links to some online things that have interested or excited me recently. Enjoy!

image source: we ♥ it

♥ I've just discovered Penguin Teen's tumblr and I love it! One of my favourite things is that they give you glimpses of the Penguin offices (like their amazing Halloween decorating and party).

♥ Check out Cubes: Scholastic for a video-tour of Scholastic's head office in NYC. It is an amazing space (it includes a bookshop and party space, auditiorium, meeting spaces and well, actual offices). You even get to stop by David Levithan's office (yay!).

♥ You can read the first chapter of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars over at USA today.

♥ An article from October that I forgot to post, Australian Children's Books Achieve Strong Sales and International Recognition.

♥ I'm really liking Kristi's series on Building a Better Blog. These posts are really useful, covering things from Book Blogger Dictionary to Blogger Etiquette. A really useful resource, especially for new bloggers.

♥ As always Forever Young Adult are out there teaching us important life lessons with How to Be A LadyNerd: How to Host a TV Party

♥ I know Halloween has been and gone, but I love this Sexy Essay on HelloGiggles.

♥ Is anyone else a Mindy Kaling fan? Her piece Flick Chicks is interesting and rather funny - I'm really looking forward to reading her book.

♥ Have you been to The Crooked Shelf recently? If not, go there right now! Carla is having an Aussie YA month, full of reviews, interviews and guest posts so make sure you stop by.

1 comments:

jen storer said...

Some great links there, thanks. Hope you've stopped sneezing, poor thing! jx

Post a Comment