Saturday, October 8, 2011

Return to Oz


image source: we ♥ it

Hello friends! I’m back from a lovely break and am feeling refreshed and excited to get back on here and writing again. I had three amazing weeks in the United States (which I hadn’t been to before) and then I gave myself an extra few days off from blogging while I caught up on other things. Even though the trip was a fun-filled holiday, it also allowed me to stop and think about this blog, and the direction I’d like it to go in the future.
I’m hoping to share some of my photos from the trip in the next few days and I’ve got lots of reviews coming up (not to mention over 1200 posts in my blog reader to get through). Here’s a glimpse at what I’ve been reading and what I’m looking forward to read soon:

What I've been reading:
Gingerbread, Shrimp and Cupcake by Rachel Cohn
The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
How to Ruin A Summer Vacation, How to Ruin My Teenage Life and How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by Simone Elkeles

What I'm looking forward to reading:
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (I am so ridiculously excited about this!)

What you should be reading:
♥ Megan’s posts on the A Thousand Words festival, The Illusion of Intimacy and Being Lucky
♥ Nomes covering a number of awards in Aussie YA
♥ Erin at Forever YA’s review of Shut Out by Kody Keplinger and Meghan’s Secrets of Discovering the Best Worst Books

1 comments:

Mel said...

I'm glad you got back safely and that you had such a great time on your trip.
I can't wait to see your photos, I'm sure they are amazing.
Nice selection of books as well. they all sound really good. :)

Post a Comment