Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Snaps

I won't bore you all with a million photos from my travels but here are a few highlights:

The Strand Bookshop!!! I was ridiculously excited to visit The Strand (to the extent that I made my best friend & travel buddy mark it on our NYC map four months ago). Not only was it one of the most amazing bookshops ever, a book by two of my favourite authors, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares is set there, which added an extra layer of excitement for me. I limited myself to an hour there (maybe the hardest moment of the whole trip), but oh my goodness - the books!!! I was seriously roaming around the store, practically hugging the walls.


Dreams really do come true at Disneyland, where I got to meet Ariel (and my five-year-old self was dancing with happiness).

And then my fifteen-year-old self's dream came true by finally getting to see Rent (with an incredible and extremely talented cast).


Me and some dude, I think he was in that vampire movie?

(In all seriousness, I had to be coaxed by my friend to pose in any photos at Madame Tussauds - hence the cheesy smile. I found the wax sculptures to be uber-creepy and the whole concept of the museum a bit odd).

And with the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park.


I promise regular posting will return here soon!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like you had a great time. And it's fantastic that you got to see and do things which you have wanted to do for such a long time.
The Strand looks like it is absolutely awesome.

Megan Burke said...

That looks awesome! So jealous but glad to have you home!

kate.o.d said...

oh new york! must buy a plane ticket now. right now. oh lord...

Rhiannon Hart said...

The STRAND! OMG. I loved that place so hard when I visited NYC!!! Enjoy your visit. I had a ball there in June.

Post a Comment