Sunday, July 17, 2011

Second Annual MGF Zombie Week!


Around this time last year, I had my first Zombie Week at My Girl Friday. It was predominantly spawned from my love of the living-challenged and the fact that I could pretty much talk about them non-stop, but I know not everyone is a fan and decided to keep my zombie love to a more contained time frame (though of course, there are mentions snuck in throughout my blog, all year round).

In my first zombie week I reviewed seven books, four films and was looking forward to two new zombie-themed releases. I was excited by the emerging interest in zombie stories in YA literature, especially in a market saturated with vampires. This year, I’ve been happy to see that zombies are still generating some buzz in the community (even if, in my opinion, they are still overshadowed by other supernatural tropes).

Over the next week, I will be reviewing a mix of both books and films related to all-things zombie! For those of you who are not interested in our living-impaired friends, no worries, regular posting will resume here on July 25th. Otherwise you can kick back and enjoy a week of zombie-filled-brainy-goodness!

image source: we ♥ it

1 comments:

Sas (Tea Mouse) said...

Oh wow, this looks like tonnes of fun! I can't wait to see what you've got in store! :)

Post a Comment