Monday, June 13, 2011

Tony Awards - the Winners

image source: we ♥ it

I am have just finished watching the broadcast of the 65th Annual Tony Awards (and whilst I really should be having a shower - it's 1pm and I'm still in my pajamas ....), I just want to share the winners. Surprisingly, I did pretty well on my picks here - with 10/15 - damn, the acting categories let me down ...

My picks are in italics, the winners are bolded:
Best Musical - The Book of MormonWINNER!!!

Best Book of a Musical - The Book of MormonWINNER!!!
Best Original Score - The Book of Mormon – WINNER!!!
Best Revival - How to Succeed in Business With Really Trying (WINNER - ANYTHING GOES)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical - Andrew Rannells - The Book of Mormon  (WINNER – NORBERT LEO BUTZ - CMIYC)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical - Beth Leavel - Baby It's You (WINNER - SUTTON FOSTER - ANYTHING GOES)Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical - Rory O'Malley - The Book of Mormon  – (WINNER - JOHN LARROQUETTE - H2$)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical - Nikki M. James - The Book of Mormon  WINNER!!!

Best Direction of a Musical - The Book of Mormon – WINNER!!!
Best Choreography - Anything GoesWINNER!!!
Best Orchestrations - The Book of MormonWINNER!!!
Best Scenic Design - The Book of MormonWINNER!!!
Best Costume Design - Priscilla Queen of the Desert – WINNER!!!
Best Lighting - The Book of Mormon – WINNER!!!
Best Sound Design - Catch Me If You Can – (WINNER - BOOK OF MORMON)

Now for some videos:
 
As always, Neil Patrick Harris did a brilliant job hosting - his opening number was fantastic! (Broadway is not just for gays!) Sorry for the shoddy quality, it was the best video I could find within 2 hours of the ceremony airing:
 

 
 
My favourite performance from the night, Andrew Rannells singing 'I Believe' from The Book of Mormon
 

 
And that is the end of my 24 hour Tony Blog-a-Thon - normal posting will recommence from tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment