Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fave Reads of 2011 (so far) - The Books

 The very lovely Nomes of inkcrush had the great idea of book-bloggers creating lists to share their favourite reads so far in 2011.

Nomes has created three different categories, to guarantee three days of awesome-book-sharing-love! My picks for some of my favourite books read in 2011 are below, and be sure to check out Nomes' blog for more about her Faves of 2011 (so far) series, as well as the links to other book-bloggers picks for each category at inkcrush. Be warned though - these posts will make your TBR piles grow an awful lot!




 1. Favourite Book Read So Far in 2011


A Pocketful of Eyes (Lili Wilkinson - review to come soon!) and Good Oil (Laura Buzo - my review here)

2. Most Powerful Book


The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness) or The Help (Kathryn Stockett)

3. Brilliantly Funny


Hold Me Closer Necromancer (Lish McBride - my review here),
Beauty Queens (Libba Bray - review to come very soon) and Loathing Lola (William Kostakis)

4. Best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read


Where She Went (Gayle Forman)

5. Most Beautiful Story

Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin

6. Delicious rainy day comfort read


Chasing Charlie Duskin (Cath Crowley - mini review here)

7. Adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award


The Enemy and The Dead (Charlie Higson) – both of which I will be reviewing for the second annual My Girl Friday zombie week so stay tuned!
8. The Beautiful Prose Award


Dress Rehearsal (Zoe Thurner - my review here)

9. Most Atmospheric and Vivid Setting
I truly loved the apocalyptic London setting of The Enemy and The Dead (Charlie Higson - repeated from above).

10. I-so-want-to-go-there Award


Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins).
Not only did I review Anna, I also made a Polyvore Profile and Film Lover's Companion for the book!

11. Most Original and Imaginative


When You Reach Me (Rebecca Stead)

12. Best under-appreciated, hidden gem book


Halfway to Good (Kirsten Murphy - my review is here)

13. I-had-no-idea-I-would-love this-so Award


Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins) and Hold Me Closer Necromancer (Lish McBride)

14. Most Haunting Story


Five Parts Dead (Tim Pegler) and Sweethearts (Sara Zarr - mini review here)

15. Outside my comfort zone but gosh how I loved it


Not YA, but Room (Emma Donoghue)

16. Series that I’m loving


Chaos Walking trilogy (Patrick Ness)

17. Most Memorable Voice Award


Girl Meets Cake (Suzie Day - my review is here)

18. Completely Awesome Premise Award


Dream Factory (Heather Hepler & Brad Barkley)
Teenagers working at Disneyworld?! I think that is a pretty damn-awesome concept!

19. Would make the Best Movie


Beauty Queens (Libba Bray)
I would definitely watch this as a film (Drop Dead Gorgeous Meets Lost = hell to the yes!)
20. Want to re-read already


Zombies vs Unicorns (edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier - again, will be reviewing this for Zombie Week so check back soon!)

What are your favourite reads from 2011 so far?

6 comments:

Jordyn said...

Ahhh I have my list going up in a few days and I love yours! I love how you really have a variety of books here while on mine two or three particular books seemed to take over the whole list. (But it's just that those books are so much better than everything else, lol.)

AND AND AND how much do I love that Sweethearts is on here? SO MUCH.

danya said...

I haven't heard of Halfway to Good before but I really like the sound of it, have added it to my tbr list. Thanks! :)

Jillian said...

Glad to see Where She Went on your list! That one was definitely a tearjerker!

Nomes said...

wOOT! for good oil right up the top <3 (i've read it twice now and loved it even more the second time around :)

and i thought five parts dead was really haunting as well (for some reason i even cried in it, lol)

love your list steph :)

Jess said...

Loving your picks!

So glad to see someone else loved Hold Me Closer Necromancer. And The Enemy.

I heart Anna, Where She Went and Chasing Charlie Duskin too.

Missie said...

I've been meaning to read Hold Me Closer and Beauty Queens. I love having something funny and light to read in between emotion fueled reads.

LOVED Where she Went!

Post a Comment