Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Things #61 - 65

Every so often, I chip away at one of my 43 Things goals - compiling a list of 100 things that make me happy. Here are five more things that make me really happy - feel free to share your own happy things in the comments, or on your own blog!

61. Feeling accomplished
image source: we ♥ it
When starting my job in September last year, there were things I was really scared of doing or didn't know how to do at all (and would feel like sick thinking about them). Recently, I have almost finished quite a big project I never thought I'd be able to do, and feel pretty darn good! I also learned tricks on Excel I thought were way beyond my limited knowledge, so yay!


62. 30 Rock
image source: we ♥ it
I adore 30 Rock (even though I found season 3 to be a bit meh, I liked season 4) and wish Australia would air the episodes a) in order and b) at a decent time. Instead, I wait until it comes out on DVD and watch the whole series in one glorious weekend. I think Liz Lemon is all-kinds of awesome, love Tracy and his entourage, get excited for the themed episodes, feel that Pete is underappreciated and that Cheyenne Jackson should be in more episodes.

 
63. Smiles
image source: we ♥ it
"I just like to smile, smiling is my favourite"



64. Watching movies with the commentary on
image source: we ♥ it
Ok, so this is slightly weird/obsessive and I know a lot of people who dislike this. If I love a movie, I get rather excited about the possibility of a re-watch and getting to people talk about behind-the-scenes stuff or little anecdotes. John Waters does the best commentaries on his own films (and also a pretty epic one on Mommie Dearest) and I could listen to them repeatedly (and sometimes I do, because I get a bit obsessive like that ....)

65. Shoes
image source: we ♥ it
They say most women fall into one of two categories: those who like bags and those who like shoes. I am definitely in the latter - I do like nice shoes. Also, as I am very short, I need all the extra height I can get.

What makes you happy?

3 comments:

Mel said...

I really like your list so far. It's always nice to read about things that make people happy.

You are not alone in watching movies with the commentary on. I love doing this. In fact, sometimes I'll watch a movie, then watch it again with the commentary on. I would love to be able to do one myself, though I don't think this will ever happen.

Great post. :)

Miss Friday said...

Thanks Mel!

Glad to know other people enjoy movie commentaries too :) I unfortunately have the bad habit of giving my own commentary during films I've seen many times, much to the annoyance of my family haha

Jillian said...

Shoes shoes shoes!

Post a Comment