Sunday, May 1, 2011

ch-ch--ch-changes

image source: we ♥ it

Hello friends,

I just wanted to let you know about a few changes around My Girl Friday and some things that will be happening around here in the next few months:

♥ I've been getting a few review requests lately, so I've finally put together a short review policy for the blog. Whilst I'm still reading a lot, you've probably noticed that my reviews aren't as frequent as they used to be. I am being more selective in which books I'm featuring on here and am trying to spend more time writing about books I love and that I want to share with all of you.

♥ I also have written a short bio (because the mini-Blogger one doesn't give you much room!). I was thinking recently that the blogs I read and comment on the most, are the ones which I get a strong sense of the blogger through their writing and who have that personal element in their blogs. I'd like to start giving you more glimpses of my life on here.

♥ New features - this new series has not been forgotten! I've been working really hard on the first post in this series, and it's been a lot more time-involved than I had first anticipated, as I'm doing more research than I've done for any other series! I'm re-watching a lot of films, reading some really interesting articles and finding some really interesting connections between a range of texts - so please stay tuned as I'm really excited to share the first part soon.

♥ Literary events - Melbourne is hosting some amazing writerly events in May! I'm going to be attending the Reading Matters conference, the Cassandra Clare event at the Westgarth, the Emerging Writers Festival and the Get into Genre: Young Adult session at the Wheeler Centre. I'll be sure to write about these here! (and let me know if you're planning on attending any of these, as I'd love to meet you all)

6 comments:

Nomes said...

i love both your new sections :)

i tried to write my own review policy this week and it was hard! i am jealous of your lovely succinct one :)

looking forward to your new series...

Miss Friday said...

Thanks Nomes!

I really struggled with that review policy haha - I read about a dozen review policies on various blogs and that helped me get an idea of what I wanted to say hehe

Jordyn said...

I don't comment often but I wanted to let you know that I completely LOVE your blog.

Aimee said...

I'll see you at Reading Matters :)

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Love the changes. I look forward to hearing about the Melbourne events. Wish I was going :(

Miss Friday said...

Jordyn - awww thank you! That's so lovely and totally made my day!

Aimee - yay!!!

Nic - thank you (ps. I'm going to Brisbane for work in July, maybe we could catch up for a coffee)

Post a Comment