Friday, April 15, 2011

Mixed Bag #35

Good morning friends! I know it's been a bit of a slow week here - I am working my butt off at non-blog-related things and promise I'm very sorry about neglecting you all. Anyway, here is a little collection of things I have enjoyed this week:
image source: we ♥ it

♥ Congrats to all the CBCA Book of the Year nominees! You can read the full list of nominees and notables here. You can also read my reviews for the following books nominated for the Older Readers Short List: Graffiti Moon, Six Impossible Things and The Piper's Son.

♥  I'm loving the book trailer for Lili Wilkinson's upcoming novel A Pocketful of Eyes. I can't wait to read it!

♥ I love these posts by Megan and Adele about their blogging stats - I have some pretty funny search key terms from my blog (such as 'cool story bro' and 'Tyra Banks').

♥ The Wheeler Centre has just annouced their winter program!

♥ For anyone in the US and wanting to read some amazing Australian YA fiction, you should check out Missie's Go Aussie Book Tours

♥ Ohhh so pretty - a photoshoot inspired by Francesca Lia Block's Weetzie Bat books.

♥ I have the biggest girl-crush on Agent Lover and am totally diggin' her picks for Top 10 Movie Makeover scenes

I'll leave you this week with some advice from John Green:


Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I love that trailer for Pocketful of Eyes. Can't wait for the book :)

Miss Friday said...

Me too Nic!!!

Post a Comment