Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Things #56 - 60

Wow, it has been ages since I've done a Happy Things post! If you are new to my blog, I've been trying to
complete my 43 Things goal of listing 100 things that make me happy. Feel free to make your own list, or share your own happy things in the comments:


56. Finding lost things and rediscovering old favourites
This morning I was clearing up some things in one of my cupboards and found a stack of old CDs I had completely forgotten about (mostly musical theatre cast recordings), including my copy of the Rent Original Broadway Cast Recording. It made me feel kind of old - I first heard about Rent when I was about 15 and fell in love with the music from the show (and I listened to the CDs on a discman the first time round!). It's a great musical (I recommend watching the Rent Live on Broadway over the Rent film for those who want to see what the show is about).


image source: we ♥ it

57. Unexpected texts
I love getting random, funny texts from friends - you know the ones that are just completely unexpected and make you smile - whether it be a movie quote, or personal joke or someone's thoughts on last night's tribal council (yes, this happens a lot with me), sometimes something little like this just makes me day, especially on my commute home.


image source: we ♥ it

58. Travel
I'm in the early stages of planning an overseas trip for (hopefully) later in the year. I love travelling, and find that the organisation-freak side of me, is totally geeking out at the prospect of deciding where to go/see/eat/sleep. It's been nearly four years (!!!) since my first real holiday (I went to Europe alone), so I'm really excited about travelling again soon.



59. Louis Theroux
I think my love for Louis has been well-documented on Twitter/Facebook but has possibly been kept on the down-low here. I am a huge fan of Louis's documentaries (if I had to pick favourites, I'd probably say Louis and the Brothel and The Most Hated Family in America but they are all awesome) and I can't recommend them enough - and yay for Foxtel playing them in Australia on Saturday nights!


image source: we ♥ it

60.  Movie Trailers
I'm one of those nerdy people who insists on getting to the cinemas early so that I don't miss any of the trailers (despite the fact that I regularly watch new trailers on youtube, so by the time I go to the cinema, I usually know most of the trailers). I don't go to the movies as much as I used to, but I love that excitement and anticipation that a good trailer brings.


What makes you happy?

5 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I like movie trailer too!! And it is exciting you are going overseas (hopefully) soon. I am going in 3 weeks to Thailand again. I love travelling but I hate the whole planning thing.

kate.o.d said...

have you seen the trailer for the new Ryan Gosling/Steve Carrell movie Crazy Stupid Love? Oh lord the Gos is Gorgeous!

Miss Friday said...

Nic - ohhhh yay, Thailand - how exciting!!!! So jealous

Kate - oh my!!!! I just watched that trailer and damn, I loves me some Gos :D thanks Kate, this has totally brightened my day haha

Steph Bowe said...

I so love this feature, I'm thinking I may do a 100 happy things series myself. Do you mind? I will of course link to you in my post!

Also: Louis Theroux ftw! Love him.

Miss Friday said...

Steph - of course! Go right ahead - I'd love to see what you put on your list :) and yay Louis!!!

Post a Comment