Friday, March 4, 2011

My Girl Friday - 1st Birthday!


Want to know something a little bit exciting? Exactly one year ago today, I officially started My Girl Friday. I know a year is kind of nothing in blog years, but this is pretty exciting for me. I'm good at thinking up ideas and getting really excited about them for approximately half an hour and then lose all momentum (and usually collapse in a heap on the couch), so the fact that I've managed to stick with this and write over 200 posts so far is somewhat of a personal achievement.

Anyway, before this gets too mushy, I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for reading, commenting and sharing the past year with me. Through this blog, I've been encouraged to attend some fantastic literary events, read some of my new-favourite books and met some of the most amazing, inspiring people (both authors and bloggers). I'm really looking forward to posting some new and (hopefully) fun things here on the blog over the next couple months and am excited to be able to share them all with you!

image source: we ♥ it


7 comments:

Chachic said...

Happy Blogiversary! :) It's exciting to get past that one year mark. I'm like you - I usually get excited to start something new and then lose interest a few weeks/months later but that hasn't happened with blogging. So yay to us!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Happy blog birthday! Mine is coming up too -can't believe it's been almost a year already!

Jillian said...

Happy blog birthday! I love this blog and love the voice behind it as well! Here's to another year of books!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Congrats! We <3 you!

Aimee said...

Happy blogoversary, Steph!

Miss Friday said...

thanks so much for the lovely, warm wishes everyone! xo

fiona wood said...

belated happy bloggy birthday, Steph!

Post a Comment