Friday, March 25, 2011

Mixed Bag #33

Good morning friends! Here is my collection of links (spanning the last two weeks as I forgot to post last Friday - sorry) of things that have amused, interested or entertained me. Hope you enjoy them:

image source: we ♥ it

♥ The new Inside A Dog website is so spiffy! I'll be posting some of my reviews on here

♥ Nathan Bransford wonders what the publishing industry will look like in five years time

♥ A fantastic article from Jordyn at Ten Cent Notes about life after high school in YA - I definitely agree with this and wish there was more exploration in young adult fiction of characters who choose to go to TAFE/trade school/work full-time/get a traineeship/go on a gap year!

♥ Huge thanks to Adele for highlighting what is now one of my favourite new blogs, The Book Lantern. I seriously urge you all to check it out because they are serving up some really insightful and refreshing discussion posts.

♥ I'm also really digging Kody Keplinger's blog post about sex in teen media

I'll leave you with a video - completely non-book related, but it cracked me up this week. I like Fallout Boy, but Patrick Stump really needs to enunciate better!

2 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I am loving the new Inside a Dog website.

Also thanks for the link to life after high school in YA. I think we need more of them that focuses on early college years :)

Miss Friday said...

Me too Nic - it's fantastic!

And yay, glad you liked the link - I would definitely love some more post-high school YA fiction (or novels that show teens who undertake different forms of education)

Post a Comment