Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Polyvore Profile - Gem Gordon

It's back! After a short hiatus over Christmas, I'm excited to bring back Polyvore Profiles as a fortnightly feature. And what better way to kick-start this in a new year, than looking at one of my favourite novels, Simmone Howell's Notes from the Teenage Underground. I love this book, and cannot believe I only read it for the first time last year - I really wish I had read this earlier (it was released in 2006, the year I started my degree in cinema studies!). I also feel like I haven't identified so strongly with a character, like I have with Gem, for a long time.

Gem Gordon

♥ Simmone Howell's awesome blog, Post-Teen Trauma
♥ The first chapter of Teenage Underground is up on insideadog

I'm planning another post on Notes From The Teenage Underground soon, so keep watching this space!

5 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I really need to get my hands on a copy of Notes From The Teenage Underground.

simmone said...

oh - this has made my day, Really!! Thank you - it's so Gem!

Miss Friday said...

Nic - you must! It is amazing

Simmone - aww thank you! I'm so glad you like it :D

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Eeek! Where is that dress from? I've been looking for one just like it. I am all about the Peter Pan collar's at the moment! x

Miss Friday said...

Leanna - the dress is from Topshop - they are doing lots of Peter Pan collars at the moment!

Steph :)

Post a Comment