Friday, January 21, 2011

Mixed Bag #28

Good morning blog-land. Here is a small sample of some things that have amused or interested me online this week. Hope you enjoy them!

image source: we ♥ it

♥ Please, please stop by Authors for Queensland! This author-organised auction is to help raise money for the Queensland Flood Appeal, so it's all going to a good cause and there are some very generous/amazing book-and-writing-related goodies up for grabs.

♥ Jordyn at Ten Cent Notes perfectly captures why I love contemporary YA fiction

♥ Ohhh, you can read the first chapter of Sarah Dessen's upcoming novel, What Happened to Goodbye over at her blog.

♥ Kristi at The Story Siren identifies the 10 signs of book addiction

♥ A Babysitter's Club Where Are They Now from The Hairpin

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Megan Burke said...

oh i read the bsc thing.
HILARIOUS!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I read The Story Siren's addiction post. I have 8 out of the 10 addiction signs. No surprises there!

I am loving the auction by Authors for Queensland. I have made a couple of bids :)

Nomes said...

hahaha @ the ten signs of book addiction./ that is so me :) it's a healthy(ish) addiction ;)

cAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW sd NOVEL. JUST TRIED TO READ THE CHAPTER ONLINE AND AM SO BAD AT READING LIKE THAT ON A COMPUTER! I KEEP SKIMMING ~ I THINK I'LL WAIT FOR THE BOOK FORM.

HOPE YOU'RE HAVING AN AWESOME SUMMER!

XX

ooops. sorry about the caps lock thingy, LOL. obviously i don't look at the screen while i'm typing...

Miss Friday said...

Megan - haha, I know, it cracked me up!

Nic - yay, good on you for bidding. Fingers crossed you are the lucky winner on something :)

Nomes - Aww thanks, hope you are having a lovely summer too. I also just skimmed the chapter, I'm trying to contain my excitement and wait til the book comes out to enjoy it all together.

Post a Comment