Monday, January 3, 2011

By My Bedside #21

Good morning friends! Here's a glimpse at what is currently sitting on my to-read pile. By Beside is part of In My Mailbox, created by Kristi of The Story Siren - I've kind of decided that this year, I'll probably just stick to doing one of these posts per fortnight, mostly because I don't purchase or receive many books per week (sometimes it will be weeks between me buying or borrowing anything new!).


Food, Fashion, Friends - Fleur Wood (from Father Christmas!)
Peppermint magazine Issue #08 (with the lovely Marianne from Esme and the Laneway on the cover)
Frankie magazine Issue #39 (part of my subscription - also from Father Christmas)
♥ New Voiceworks, Technicolour, Issue #83
Queen Kat, Carmen and St Jude Get A Life - Maureen McCarthy (I've needed my own copy for ages, so bought it with a voucher from Father Christmas)
Notes from the Teenage Underground - Simmone Howell (I've been meaning to buy my own copy for a while now, seeing as I don't think the library appreciates me taking 2 months to return theres ... whoops!)
Zombies vs Unicorns - edited by Justine Larbalestier and Holly Black (also purchased with Christmas voucher)

What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Great stack of books! I nearly bought Notes from the Teenage Underground the other day but got Chasing Boys by Karen Tayleur instead :)

Miss Friday said...

Ohhh Nic, let me know how Chasing Boys is - it's on my to-read list! I love Notes from the Teenage Underground and highly recommend it!

kate.o.d said...

i'm gleefully starting nancy mitford's "love in a cold climate". five pages in and it's wonderful!

oh - just wait til you read margo lanagan's story in z vs u. amazing/disturbing.

asamum said...

Great book week to start the New Year. Have a great one :D

Post a Comment