Friday, December 31, 2010

Blog & Reading Resolutions 2011

image source: we ♥ it

Read 100 books in 2011 - I managed to read over 100 books in 2010 so I'd like to try and at least match that. As part of this resolution, I'd also like to read across a wider range of genres and read more titles that are out of my comfort-zone.

Post more consistently - I think since working full-time, I've become a bit unorganised and haphazard when it comes to posting. In 2011, I'd like to keep some weekly features (Mixed Bag), fortnightfly features (Polyvore Profile, Snack Size) and some monthly ones (the return of Film to Fiction).

Write higher-quality reviews - I'd like to spend more time on my reviews (I do have a tendency to type them up very quickly) and try to develop a more consistent style. Whilst I'd still like to maintain my own personal take on reviews, I'd like to try and write reviews that are a bit more insightful and analytical.

Comment more! I managed to keep commenting somewhat regularly after the Comment July Challenge but I could definitely be more active in the way of commenting, especially on blogs I really enjoy or to posts that have made me think or reconsider my own point of view.

Attend more literary events - I loved going to both the Emerging Writers Festival and the Melbourne Writers Festival in 2010. In 2011, I want to become more involved and make the effort to get to more events (and then share them on here!)

Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy New Year in 2011!

3 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Great resolutions. I am hoping to achieve the last two. I really would love to meet some of my favourite authors :)

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Awesome resolutions. I love your Mixed Bag posts...and I'd love to hear more about bookish events you attend in your country. My hugest dream ever is to someday go to Australia...which won't be a reality anytime soon. So, you can just humor this wish with lush descriptions of the events you attend!

Miss Friday said...

Nic - thank you! Meeting authors is always a fun experience (and if you manage to head down to Melbourne, let me know haha)

Mrs DeRaps - thank you! Awwww that's so lovely - I will definitely work on posting more about Australian literary events and books so you can enjoy them :)

Post a Comment