Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nano 2010 Visual Inspiration

I've been spending a lot of my free time lately making plans for Nanowrimo - and it's really exciting! I'm determined to complete it this year and I'm hoping this motivation will last throughout the next month. Today I decided to take a leaf from Steph Bowe's book and post my visual inspiration. All images have come from we ♥ it as far as I can remember.

Maybe later I'll reveal a bit more about my story (but right now I still feel a bit funny and self-conscious about some of the details haha) what I will say is that in my mind, it's supposed to be a kind of contemporary Pump Up The Volume (which by the way, is an awesome movie and if you haven't seen it, you should. Even if only for some uber-hot, young Christian Slater). Anyway, if anything I hope you enjoy some pretty pictures:













7 comments:

Mel said...

All the pictures look awesome. I think it can help having something visual.

I'm sure you'll complete it this year, and I'm sure that your story will be great! :)

Megan Burke said...

Looks great! I've been soooo slack with NaNo stuff!

Girl Friday said...

Mel - thank you! That's so lovely of you to say :)

Megan - Haha, I've had this story in fragments in my mind since last year's nano, I figure if I don't write it down this year, I never will!

Mad Scientist said...

I recently had a professor tell me to sign up for this. I have never heard of it before but I really think you are off to a grand start.

Mad Scientist
madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Nomes said...

i love these. i've added you & i love your novels description - i want to read it already. totally sounds like my kind of thing :)

Alexa said...

I love this visual inspiration idea. Your pictures are great! I especially like the ones of the shoes on the map.

Girl Friday said...

Mad Scientist - do it! you should definitely sign up, and thanks!

Nomes - Awwww thank you! Maybe I'll let you read a little bit of it when it's finished, after Nano :D

Alexa - thank you! I love that photo too :)

Post a Comment