Friday, October 15, 2010

Mixed Bag #20

Good morning blog-o-sphere!
How about some linky goodness to start your day?

image source: we ♥ it

♥ Apparently picture book sales are way down due to parents choosing to buy novels for their kids instead. Naww, please support childrens' authors and illustrators and buy picture books (because they are so lovely and the best ones will be kept for years)
Hogwarts gets online - haha, I love the Hogwarts twitterfeeds!
Forever Young Adult has a great post on a day in the life of two YA writers, Rebecca Serle and Leila Sales.
♥ An awesome interview about death, darkness and Hollywood Endings, with of my favourite authors, Kathy Charles.
♥ How amazing is John and Sarah Greens' home? I am in love! Those bookshelves mmmmmm
♥ Speaking of love, I saw this cover for Dash and Lily's Book of Dares last night. Can December hurry up please?
♥ Banksy has created an opening for The Simpons - I love it!

Also, I'm thrilled to announce the winner of my 50 Followers Giveaway! I had originally planned to pull a name out of a hat, but seeing as I had 32 entrants (wow! I had never expected that many people would enter), I thought it would probably be easier and fairer, to use a number generator. That being said, the lucky number is:

Comment number 28 was Lisa from Badass Bookie! Congratulations and thanks so much to everyone for entering - I'll definitely be having more competitions in the future.

3 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Oooh. I would love to be a Merry Maid in John Green's home. Thanks for the link!

Cass (Words on Paper) said...

Congrats, Lisa! Who said you never win anything?

Also, thanks yet again for the links! I know, about the cover for Dash--I glimpsed at it, and took a double take. I was awed by how different it is to the US version!

Girl Friday said...

Mrs De Raps - Hahahaha! Thanks, glad you liked it

Cass - you're very welcome, glad you liked them. I know (re: the cover of Dash and Lily) - I love this version!!!! Can't wait to own it :)

Post a Comment