Monday, October 4, 2010

By My Bedside #16

Good morning blog-o-sphere! I haven't been buying books (shock horror!) or visiting the library much lately, so my bedside has been a bit low on new reading material. Never fear, Friday was a good book day for me, so I'm here to share. By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox, a meme created by Kristi of The Story Siren.


On the left is the lovely pile of books I received this week from Hachette and Persnickety Snark for their Winter Flings contest.
Skins - the novel - Ali Cromin
The Silver Blade - Sally Gardner
The Last Vampire - Christopher Pike
Ash - Melinda Lao
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You - Ally Carter

From my library
Hostage - Karen Tayleur
It's Not Summer Without You - Jenny Han
The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan

Also pictured, the new issue of Voiceworks, which arrived on Friday!

What are you reading this week?

7 comments:

Mad Scientist said...

I have to admit that I have not found my perky little nose in any of this dashing titles yet. I'm looking forward to some reviews.

Mad Scientist
madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Cass (Words on Paper) said...

I got the exact same books, from Steph Bowe, a week or two ago. Maybe three. I have not yet read any of them, but Ash, Gallagher Girls #1 & The Silver Blade are high on my TBR! Also, love Jenny Han.

Check out what I got this week here

Phantom Paragrapher said...

Im a new follower from across the ditch in NZ , I love your blog name as Im a big fan of "Girl Friday".
www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I've been watching seasons three and four of Skins and have been thinking about reading the novel, but I'm a little unsure if it's just a quick & easy cash-in thing or more "canon", following the rules and style of the series and adding to our understanding of characters. Am I just expecting way too much from a tv-tie-in novel?!

Nomes said...

i got the same 5 books this week (was wondering if they were going to come, it was so long ago we won them).

also, i cant wait to read it's not summer without you!

xx

Girl Friday said...

Mad Scientist - thanks, hopefully there will be reviews coming soon!

Cass - I've read Gallagher Girls already and it's a lot of fun!

Phantom - Awww thank you!

Jess - My sister has already claimed it, otherwise I'd give it to you - I'm a bit ehhh about it. Couldn't really get into the 3rd series and I don't think it's the kind of show that would translate well to a book.

Nomes - Haha, yeah I'd forgotten about them as it was a while ago I'd won them, so it was a nice surprise to get them in the mail!

Mad Scientist said...

I have a most wonderful blog award for you in my laboratory. You are invited to drop by for a pot of tea and retrieval of the award :)

Mad Scientist
madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

Post a Comment