Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine to "spotlight upcoming releases". This week I've picked :
The Double Life of Cassiel Roadnight
Author: Jenny Valentine
Publisher: Harper Collins
Australian Release Date: 1/10/2010

After three and a half years, Caspar Roadnight came home. Except he wasn′t Caspar Roadnight any more. He was me. One boy′s life changes dramatically when he′s mistaken for a missing boy. If he embraces this new persona, he could enjoy a life he′s only ever dreamed of. But then again, perhaps some dreams should never come true...
A tense and brilliantly disturbing novel from award-winning author Jenny Valentine.

I have a thing about books about missing people. Totally weird I know! Plus, I always hear great things about Jenny Valentine (though I still haven't read any of her earlier novels!), but the concept of this really appealed to me, and the cover art is so cute!


My Booky Wook 2 - This Time It's Personal
Author: Russell Brand
Publisher: Harper Collins
Australian Release Date: 1/10/2010

Brand is sober and has had a taste of national notoriety. Does fame bring happiness and inner peace? Not exactly, but it does mean a lot of sex. It also ushers in a raucous ride through chat shows, tabloid scandals, and Hollywood, all the while detailing Brand's search for the contentment that fame can't quite grant.

I loved My Booky Wook (and am a bit of a Russell fan in general - seeing clips on the Big Fat Quiz of the Year with Noel Fielding never fails to make me laugh), so am definitely looking forward to reading the follow-up, to see how Russell deals with 'making it' in Hollywood (Booky Wook dealt more with his early life and addictions and only started to touch on his emerging fame towards the end).





2 comments:

TheBookishSnob said...

Ugh I don't like Russell Brand. I hope you enjoy your books when they come out :)

Come see what my WOW is this week

jackie b central texas said...

Honestly never heard of either, hope you get both your picks!


My WOW today at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

jackie ^_^

Post a Comment