Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy 26 - 30

Hello! Firstly I must apologise for missing this post last week! My weekend flew by and before I knew it, I was lying in bed on Sunday night and realised I hadn' written my list yet. Anyway, back on track now - this is all part of my 43 Things list. I'd love to know what makes you happy, so feel free to tell me in the comments or make your own post.

26. Book Club
 After a number of book-related Facebook discussions, a couple of my friends from high school suggested we start our own mini book-club, as a way of reading new things and having an excuse to catch-up regularly. We are having a session this afternoon at one of my favourite cafes, and I can't think of many other better ways to spend a Sunday afternoon - with books, friends and food!
image source: flickr


27. Glee
I'm not even going to downplay this one, but I was all kinds of excited that the new season of Glee aired in Australia this week. Whilst at times the narrative side frustrates me, there is something so infectious about the music and the way they use song, that it overrides any of my negativities about it. Yep, I'm a huge Gleek.


28. Spring weather
Whilst Melbourne is know for it's crazy weather, I finally feel like Spring is here this weekend. The sun has decided to come out! This, to me, means the start of having coffee outside and being able to wear sundresses and cardigans without freezing.
image source: we ♥ it


29.  Going out for Breakfast
I feel like their is something strangely luxurious about having someone else make your breakfast for you. I do love a good brunch, and am usually torn between choosing the sweet option (pancakes or french toast) and eggs benedict. Mmmmm.
image source: flickr


30. Marina and the Diamonds
One of my favourite new singers for 2010 (and that's probably saying something, as I tend to be a music-loyalist and stick with what I love and don't listen to a lot of new stuff). Her album The Family Jewels is amazing.
Also, she has fab personal style!
image source: we ♥ it


What makes you happy?

3 comments:

Jillian said...

GLEE GLEE GLEE GLEE haha

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I love ALL of these things too, except I haven't heard of the singer. I'll have to check her out. I am a huge Gleek!

Girl Friday said...

Jillian :D :D :D love it!!

Mrs De Raps - haha, yay for other Gleeks! And yes, I highly recommend Marina, I've been playing her album non-stop for the past two weeks :)

Post a Comment