Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy 21 - 25

It's that time of the week again - my mini collection of Things That Make Me Happy for my 43 Things list. As usual, please feel free to make your own Happy Things list either on in the comments section, or on your blog!

21. Spending time with my sister
Though the five year age gap used to be annoying, I'm now at the stage where I (usually) love her company and we spend a lot of time together. I'm lucky that (generally) we get along very well and are able to do fun things together and she's one of my best friends. She doesn't even mind when I borrow her clothes (well, doesn't mind much anyway)...


22. Fish and chips
Maybe it's the English heritage, but I have a deep-seeded love of fish and chips. Just the smell of the crispy batter, of thick chips and vinegar, reminds me of my family and childhood. We often used to go for long walks or drives to the park on Sundays, which were usually finished off with fish and chips - eaten straight from the packet. Mmmm.
image source: we ♥ it


23. Libraries
I still remember going to my local library on an excursion with my class when I was about six, and was super-proud because the librarian knew my name as I went there with my mum every week. It's only really been in the last couple of years (when I've had more disposable income) that I've really bought books - I normally would rely on my library (plus I always found it exciting to get a letter telling me the book I reserved had come in - now you get an email, which isn't as fun).
image source: flickr


24. Freaks and Geeks
One of my all-time favourite shows (and sadly, one of the best examples of a show that was cancelled before it's time). It is probably one of the most well-written, clever, moving and funny examples of a teen dramedy and I think helped pave the way on commercial networks for teen shows of the noughties. Not just that, but this show really helped cement a valued friendship whilst an uni (she introduced me to F&G and made me copies of the entire season as it's extremely hard to get on DVD in Australia).


25. Car rides with my brother
My brother and I don't always get along on a day-to-day basis. He does a lot of things that drive me insane (like leaving dirty dishes everywhere) and I'm sure I do the same to him. He loves driving though (which I do not, mostly because I don't have the attention span and freak out behind the wheel), and regularly offers to drive me around just because he can. When he does, we crack jokes and have some great conversations which don't often happen at home.
image source: deviant art


What makes you happy?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Steph, I'm glad I usually don't annoy you.
xox

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Aggh! Freaks and Geeks! I just watched the entire rerun marathon last week! I love that show! I couldn't even believe it when it was canceled. I guess that it was just too good for television.

And, those fish and chips look yummy.

Girl Friday said...

Lizzie - you know I'd by lying if I said we didn't annoy each other just a little bit ...

Mrs DeRaps - yay!!! I adore F&G! Way too good for TV

tschitschi said...

mhm, libraries! maybe I should give Freaks and Geeks a try next time I look for a new series to watch.

Post a Comment