Sunday, September 5, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy 16 - 20

Here are the next five items on my Things That Make Me Happy list, which I'm compiling for 43Things. As always, feel free to share what makes you happy in the comments, or on your own blog!

16. Writers Festivals
What could be better than getting to listen to and spend time with a range of such talented people? I love listening to authors talk about their work and their process, and it gives me such a huge burst of wanting to write myself (even if it's just a few lines scribbled at the back of my notepad). I adore getting to meet other people who love books and are as passionate about reading as me!
image source: Fed Square Gallery

17. Sleeping In
I don't consider myself a lazy person, and I'm usually pretty good at getting up on a morning - but I still think there's something really lovely about getting to sleep in (even if it's just a little). For me, a sleep-in isn't later than 9 - 9.30am (I have a friend who often sleeps until midday), just that small bit extra which always makes a difference and lets me start the day with a bit more spring in my step (one that is not caffeine-motivated).
image source: we♥ it


18. Pretty Stationary
Maybe it's a bit silly, but I'm a complete sucker for a cute pen or pretty notebook (even though I already have a full of drawer of them at home).
image source: Kikki K

19. The Music of Ben Lee
I'm a huge, huge fan of Ben Lee. I own all his albums (wait, scrap that - it appears on further examination that someone has 'borrowed' my copy of Hey You, Yes You. Grrr). Anyway, his music just makes me so happy - whether I'm listening to it on a crowded peak-hour train or whilst I'm writing at my laptop. If you're ever feeling down, I highly recommend his album Awake is the New Sleep to make you feel good.

20. New Opportunities
Though they usually fill me with a mix of fear and excitement, I love the opportunity to try something new or do something that will challenge me. Tomorrow, I start a new (and my first full-time) graduate job. Even though I am really, really nervous, I'm also looking forward to starting a new part of my life and to the amazing things it will bring.
image source: we ♥ it

What makes you happy?

2 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I love stationery! And stickers. I have a huge sticker collection. I blame it on being a teacher, but I think I'd still have them if I were in any other profession.

I wish I could sleep in...something happened to me after 30 where I can't sleep past 7:30. It's kind of annoying.

Aimee said...

Awake is the New Sleep is one of my happy things too - perfect for the looong bus ride home after a crappy day at work.

Post a Comment