Monday, September 6, 2010

By My Bedside #15

By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox, a meme created by Kristi of The Story Siren.
So this batch covers two weeks of book-buying as I forgot to post last week (not that I ever have many titles to show unless I've been to the library). All books have been purchased my me unless stated otherwise:


Girl Saves Boy - Steph Bowe (purchased at MWF)
The Good Daughter - Amra Pajalic (MWF)
The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han (library)
Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore (apparently this wasn't meant to be released until early September, though my local Target had loads of copies two weeks ago!)

Missing from the photo is Robyn Bavati's Dancing in the Dark (purchased at MWF) as my sister decided to borrow it whilst I read Girl Saves Boy. What can I say, I'm sharing the love around!

What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

Kulsuma said...

cannot wait to read i am number four. it sounds awesome! nice haul:D

Nomes said...

i have girl saves boy too :) (nearly finished it)

and i loved the summer i turned pretty. it felt perfect for a teen audience.

also, have been wanting to read the good daughter - havent seen it anywhere around though... looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

and - assuming youve read the hunger games and catching fire now? :)

x

Rhiannon Hart said...

I read Girl Saves Boy last year (Steph and I have the same agent) and it's so freaking good. I'm sure you'll love it. I'm reading Mockingjay right now with excruciating slowness. I hate finishing series!

Girl Friday said...

Kulsuma - thank you! I'm excited to read it :)

Nomes - I couldn't find The Good Daughter anywhere prior to the Festival (I had originally been hoping to read it before I attended). And yes, have now read all three HG books (pretty much in one weekend) and OMG, wow. I might have to post my thoughts on it all, am still absorbing it.

Rhiannon - glad you enjoyed it Rhiannon - I'm about three chapters in and am already really liking it! Ohh I agree, I hate when a series comes to an end and am usually torn between prolonging the ending (reading slooowly) or racing through it because I need to know what happens haha. Looking forward to your thoughts on Mockingjay!

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I just finished Mockingjay last night, and I'm still processing it. But I can't wait to hear what you think of Girl Saves Boy and I Am Number Four! I really want to read both of those!

Girl Friday said...

Natalie - haha, I'm still letting Mockingjay process too - not quite sure what I think yet hehe. Am about a third of the way in to Girl Saves Boy and I'm really enjoying it - hopefully I'll post a review soon :)

Post a Comment