Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine to "spotlight upcoming releases". This week I've picked a sequel I've been eagerly awaiting and a young adult debut:

Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Published by Penguin
Australian Release - 10/12/2010

One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same.

Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night.
And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together.
Every kiss is a curse.
Ethan's next heartbeat could be his last.
It is their curse now . . .

I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures so can't wait to read more about Lena and Ethan (and pretty much the entire township of Gaitlin who are so well-written). Also, I just bought Beautiful Creatures for my friend's birthday, so we'll probably read the sequel at the same time, which will be fun.

You - Charles Benoit
Published by Harper Collins
Australian Release 1/10/10

This wasn't the way it was supposed to go.
You're just a typical fifteen-year-old sophomore, an average guy named Kyle Chase. This can't be happening to you. But then, how do you explain all the blood? How do you explain how you got here in the first place? There had to have been signs, had to have been some clues it was coming. Did you miss them, or ignore them? Maybe if you can figure out where it all went wrong, you can still make it right. Or is it already too late? Think fast, Kyle. Time's running out. How did this happen?
You is the riveting story of fifteen-year-old Kyle and the small choices he does and doesn't make that lead to his own destruction.

You can't ignore the fact that You has a great hook. The cover is a bit Eclipse-ish but the premise has really intrigued me and am looking forward to checking out this psychological YA drama (written entirely in second person).

Which titles are you waiting for this week?

13 comments:

Nomes said...

so cool to have a mate reading a book at the same time. i havent read beautiful creatures yet...

i'm so hanging out for saltwater vampires by Kirsty Eagar. i dont even do vampires, but i just read her debut book, raw blue, and it blew. me. away.

hope you enjoy joel and cat. i was in the perfect mood for that story when i read it.

xx

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

i can't wait for beautiful darkness. I loved beautiful creatures

Julie said...

Super cute blog and name!! I can't wait for Beautiful Darkness. You, also, looks great too. Here's mine. I'm a new follower :)

Girl Friday said...

Nomes - I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures (a bit on the long side for me, but I enjoyed the paranormal romance aspect without any glittering vampires haha). I'm a bit over vampires but was intrigued by the book trailer for Saltwater Vampires so may have to check it out when it's released.

Kirsty - I'm excited to see what happens with Lena and Ethan and to revisit Gaitlin!

Julie - Awww thank you - that's so lovely :) I'm off to check out your blog now!

Jan von Harz said...

Both of these sound terrific great choices.

Katie said...

Some good choices! Mine is over at It's Time to Read

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

I was not a fan of Beautiful Creatures (I know, I'm in the minority) so I won't be reading Beautiful Darkness. But, I hope that you enjoy it!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I probably wouldn't like this series, but it sounds like fun for you...hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/waiting-on-wednesday/

GABY said...

You sounds great! I still have to read BC...soon I hope!

Joy said...

Both sound pretty good! Have fun reading this week!

Alayne said...

Sounds like good and intriguing picks! My WOW choices are at The Crowded Leaf.

Colleen said...

I have Beautiful Creatures here but haven't read it yet. May have to bump it up the list.

Nina said...

I have seen the cover of You by Charles Benoit on some other sites, but I never took the time to read the description. Somethimes I judge a book by it's cover. Shame on me. But now I just had to read it, and it's GOOD. I cant believe I didn't added it to my tbr list. Now I have. Can't wait. Thanx!!

Post a Comment