Sunday, August 22, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy 6 - 10

Here are my five Things That Make Me Happy for this week, as part of completing my 43 Things List:

6. Nice manners
image source: we ♥ it
My parents were always really strict on manners when I was growing up, and I can really appreciate it now. Especially having worked in the customer service sector for more than five years, I can tell you that politeness and nice manners are always remembered.


7. Baking
image source: we ♥ it
I'm not much of a cook, but I do love to bake. When I started this blog I used to post recipes and pictures of my baking, which I hope to start up again soon. Plus, there is nothing nicer than the smell of cakes baking in the oven to put you in a happy mood!


8. Musical theatre
image source: we ♥ it
I am a self-confessed musical theatre fanatic. Musicals make me insanely happy. I love the way they transport the audience into a world where people sing everything they can't say aloud, and where no one minds if you spontaneously start dancing .


9. Dr. Spencer Reid
Matthew Gray Gulber is the reason I started watching Criminal Minds. Dr. Spencer Reid is all kinds of adorable - he's smart, unintentionally funny and wears grandpa cardigans!


10. Good coffee
image source: we ♥ it
Do I really need an explanation?


What makes you happy?

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Haha do more of these. I like your posts about things that make you happy!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Funny, I love all of these things, too. (Except I've never heard of the boy, but I bet I'd like him, too!)

I love good manners. I love it when my students call me ma'am and when my boys don't let me lift a finger to do anything. It's awesome, and not just because they help me out a lot. I love feeling like we respect one another with our good manners.

Thanks for posting this!

Girl Friday said...

Jillian - awww thank you, glad you are enjoying them!

Mrs. DeRaps - the boy is pretty adorable! And yay for good manners - especially in boys! Glad you enjoyed the post :)

Post a Comment