Monday, August 23, 2010

By My Beside #14

By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox - a weekly book meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren. I haven't done one of these for a couple of weeks as I've been finishing off older to-read titles. Anyway, here's my lovely little pile of books (purchased by me, unless stated otherwise):



Pink - Lili Wilkinson
This is Shyness - Leanne Hall
Six Impossible Things - Fiona Wood
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins ( I know, I know - I'm totally late to the party with this one)
Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

Cass (Words on Paper) said...

Hope you enjoy The Hunger Games! Hehe. I haven't read them yet, but I don't have the time to zip out and read them right now. Too bad. I might wait for the box set. :)

Nomes said...

nice little pile :) i loved pink and of course the hunger games is brilliant and the other two are on my wishlist!

where did you buy 6 impossible things and this is shyness from? i saw them @ my book shop - but for $20 each. so much!

kate.o.d said...

i'm reading sonya hartnett's the midnight zoo, mark kurlansky's the food of a younger land and finishing off scarlett thomas' our tragic universe. excitement!

nomes: this is shyness $19.95 RRP and six impossible things $16.99 RRP. books is expensive, i know. but did you know that (apparently) if you ask your library to get a book they have to buy it?

Girl Friday said...

Cass - thanks! I'm eager to see if they live up to the hype

Nomes - The prices Kate listed were exactly what I paid for them (both from Readers Feast bookshop). I always buy Australian authors at full price (I know they need their royalties!) but usually buy o/s titles from Book Depository or Big W cheaply.

Kate - Ohhh, I've want to read Midnight Zoo since it was pitched at Books at MIFF this year. Hope you enjoy your books!

amrapajalic.com said...

Hi Steph, just saw on Megan's blog you scored tix to my session at MWF. Come by and say hello afterward. I'm really excited and it's great to be on with Robyn Bavati since our books have so much in common.
Amra

Post a Comment