Monday, August 2, 2010

By My Bedside #13

By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox - a weekly book meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren. Anyway, here's my lovely little pile of books I've received over the past week (which unless said otherwise, I've purchased myself):

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley. I've been ridiculously excited for this title and was so surprised (and excited) when Cath emailed me and asked if I'd like an ARC (to which I responded with a very enthusiastic YES!). I finished reading it last night and have to say now that I adored this book.
Passing Strange - Daniel Waters. Remember I kept saying I couldn't wait to read it (here, here and here). Can't wait to read it.
Pretty Little Liars - Sara Shepard (finally came from Book Depository - I want to see what the fuss is about)
The Penguin Dictionary of Saints (an odd choice I know, but I'm strangely interested in saints and it's a reference for some writing I've resolved to finish).

What are you reading this week?

8 comments:

Chachic said...

I like that cover of Graffiti Moon although this is the first time that I've heard of it. I'll wait for your review.

My IMM post is over here if you'd like to take a look. :)

Nomes (inkcrush) said...

getting an arc of graffiti moon is so awesome! congrats :)

I'm scared of pretty little liars and I dont know why... :)

I think its cool you have a dictionary of the saints. very cool.

and, how fab is the book depository? I am itching to click a few buttons and order more books. so proud of my restraint lately

Kelly said...

I really want to read the Pretty Little Liars books too after seeing the show. Hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

My mailbox is here.

kate.o.d said...

woot woot! graffiti moon rocks! and is taking over the world!

lost.in.stories said...

I found Graffiti Moon at the book store yesterday, I think I may have to go back and pick myself up a copy. Can't wait to see what you think of Pretty Little Liars I've been watching the TV show which I like but I'm not sure if it's similar to the books or not.

Girl Friday said...

Chachic - it was fantastic, I adored it. Hopefully the review will be up tomorrow

Nomes - thanks! I have to restrain myself every time I go on BD, I could spend so much $$$

Kelly - thank you!

Kate - I love it!!!

Romy - I'd definitely recommend it, I loved it! I'm about half way PLL and am enjoying it so far - I want to watch the show now to see what it's like!

Cass said...

Omg...you bought the book with the tv-tie cover! (PLL) I'm hoping that's what you wanted. *sigh* Well, anyway, I'm up to #7, and the show is great too. I love both, but I've been reluctant to continue reading the books, mostly because I get nervous near the end of series. I'm scared the ending won't be good enough. :\

I've heard of Graffiti Moon. It looks like an interesting read.

Girl Friday said...

Cass - eeep I know! Usually I avoid tie-in covers like the plague, but had trouble finding the books here so I ordered it online and the TV cover was cheaper and wasn't sure how much I'd like it. Ended up getting really sucked into the secrets, so now have to track down the rest of them!

Graffiti Moon is amazing! Highly recommend it :)
Graffiti Moon is awesome!

Post a Comment