Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a  weekly book meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine to "spotlight upcoming releases". I really love Australian YA novels and supporting local authors, so I've picked two of Australian titles that I'm eagerly anticipating.

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley
Published by Pan Macmillan
Australian Release - August 1st, 2010

Lucy is in love with Shadow, a mysterious graffiti artist.

Ed thought he was in love with Lucy, until she broke his nose.
Dylan loves Daisy, but throwing eggs at her probably wasn't the best way to show it. Jazz and Leo are slowly encircling each other.
An intense and exhilarating 24 hours in the lives of four teenagers on the verge: of adulthood, of HSC, of finding out just who they are, and who they want to be.
A lyrical new YA novel from the award-winning author of Chasing Charlie Duskin and the Gracie Faltrain series.

Ever since Kate posted a reviewlette of this title and said "it tasted a little bit like nick and norah's infinite playlist, but with graffiti and a melbourne setting", I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Graffiti Moon. It sounds very much my kind of YA.

Girl Saves Boy - Steph Bowe
Published by Text Publishing
Australian Release - 30th August, 2010

The first time we met, Jewel Valentine saved my life.
Isn’t it enough having your very own terminal disease, without your mother dying? Or your father dating your Art teacher?
No wonder Sacha Thomas ends up in the lake that Saturday evening…
But the real question is: how does he end up in love with Jewel Valentine?
With the help of quirky teenage prodigies Little Al and True Grisham, Sacha and Jewel have a crazy adventure, with a little lobster emancipation along the way. But Sacha’s running out of time, and Jewel has secrets of her own.
Girl Saves Boy is a hugely talented debut novel, funny and sad, silly and wise. It’s a story of life, death, love… and garden gnomes.

I'm a huge fan of Steph's blog and having seen her speak at the Emerging Writers Festival this year, I'm really excited to read her debut novel. Not only am I absolutely in love with the cover (which is just gorgeous), Girl Saves Boy sounds quirky and charming. Looking forward to it's release.

Which books are you waiting for?

12 comments:

lost.in.stories said...

Great books, I've wanted to read Girl Saves Boy since I found it on goodreads. I've never heard of Graffiti Moon before but it sounds like my kind of read too. It's great that you are showcasing books by Australian authors.

Sas (Tea Mouse) said...

^^ Agreed, it's great you're showcasing Aussie authors. :)

Jan von Harz said...

These both sound great Although Graffiti Moon definitely has me wanting to read. Good picks.

Nomes (inkcrush) said...

Good picks :)

Graffiti Moon looks fab! My kinda book as well :) And Melbourne as a setting? Awesome!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

How quirky, funny, with those little extras to make it fun...

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/waiting-on-wednesday-17/

Grace said...

These sound really good! Great picks! :D

Alayne said...

Sound like cute picks! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Cass said...

I already have Girl Saves Boy on my TBR. I hadn't heard of Grafitti Moon until now. It looks like an interesting read. Added to my TBR. Hehehe I like the mention of the HSC. :P It will release when I'm right in the thick of it.

Cass said...

Whoops! I wasn't finished yet. I wish I could have come to the EMF, but I didn't know when it was. :P

Check out my WoW: Matched by Ally Condie

Morgan said...

Great picks! I'm really looking forward to reading Girl Saves Boy, too!

Isaac7985 said...

"Grafitti Moon" sounds like a great read. Maybe I'd even identify with it a little bit, since Banksy is my girlfriend's favorite artist.
-Isaac
http://towerofstories.blogspot.com/

kate.o.d said...

i've read both these and they are both fantastic, very fun. but i really loved the graf aspect of cath's book.

i'm waiting for the new scarlett thomas 'our tragic universe' (i loved 'the end of mr y')

Post a Comment