Monday, July 26, 2010

By My Beside #12

By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox - a weekly book meme, created by Kristi of The Story Siren. I haven't done one for a couple of weeks as my local library is closed for renovations (so I've had to make special trips to another one to get some new reading material), and I've been trying to hold back from buying so many books at the moment (don't know how long that will last as I just placed a Book Despository order ....) Anyway here's my To-Read pile for the week:


Letters to Leonardo - Dee White (library)
The Lonely Hearts Club - Elizabeth Eulbeg (library)
Tomorrow All Will Be Beautiful - Brigid Lowry (library)
On The Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta (bought)
The Radleys - Matt Haig (won through Text Publishing newsletter)

What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

Chachic said...

Jellicoe Road ♥♥♥

I'm curious about The Lonely Hearts Club but I don't know if I want it enough to pay for the hardcover or if I should just wait for the paperback.

So jealous that you can order from the Book Depository! They still don't have the Philippines in their list, which is really weird because we read a lot of English books. Anyway, here's my IMM post if you want to check it out.

Megan said...

Love your purple walls!

I am reading nothing for pleasure and trying to not cry over my current to review pile, which is sitting at around 10 books maybe? *gulp*

lost.in.stories said...

I'm waiting for my order to come from the book depository, I just received Insatiable by Meg Cabot today, now if only the rest of my order will come soon!

I been wanting read the Lonely Hearts club for a while now my library has it on order so hopefully it will come in soon. Never heard of The Radleys before I think I'll check it out.

I totally agree with Megan, love the purple walls, I'm biased though because my bedroom is the exact same colour! I've been trying to find a purple bedspread that matches my room and can't it's ridiculous purple is like the best colour.

Girl Friday said...

Chachic - oh that sucks about BD not shipping to the Philippines! How annoying! Yes, am looking forward to Lonely Hearts Club - I've been seeing the paperback pop up in quite a few bookshops here

Megan - hehe thank you! Oh, that's a shame (re: nothing to read for pleasure), but am semi-envious of the review pile, purely for the fact that you have new titles to read. Ah well, you are an amazingly hard work, I know you'llo get through them :)

Romy - I kept seeing Lonely Hearts Club in bookshops then was randomly at the library this week and they had it, so decided to pick it up. And yay for BD orders! I love getting books in the mail hehe. And yes, totally agree re: bedding to match purple walls. It's so tricky! Both my doonas are colourful and stripey instead - still looks cute though :)

Missie said...

I hadn't heard of some of these titles! Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy!

Here is my IMM! I'm also hosing my first giveaway! Hope you can check it out!

Happy Reading!
The Unread Reader

Post a Comment