Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

It's my first time participating in Waiting on Wednesday - a weekly book meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine to "spotlight upcoming releases". Not sure why I had never tried this before because I do genuinely get really exciting over the announcement of publication dates (excited enough to even note them in my diary - so that I can make a pitstop at a bookshop the day they're due). Here are two books I am ridiculously looking forward to in the coming months:

Passing Strange - Daniel Waters
Published by Simon & Schuster
Australian Release - August 1st, 2010


Karen DeSonne always passed as a normal teenager - and now that she's dead, she's still passing - this time, as alive. When her dead friends are accused of a high profile murder and forced into hiding, she has to prove their innocence. Which means doing the unthinkable and becoming the girlfriend of bionist zealot Peter Martinsburg, who she suspects of framing them. But if he finds out who Karen really is, the consequences for her will be worse than death.
This is the third (and I believe, final) book in Daniel Waters' zombie stories (following Generation Dead and it's sequel Kiss of Life). I've recently read (and hope to review shortly) both books and am dying (pun intended) to read from Karen's point of view.


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Published by Random House
Australian Release - October 26, 2010

“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Times bestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Truly cannot wait for this to be released! I love both authors' writing, but am probably more in love with their YA collaborations (double the awesome, am I right?). I love their collaboration style (alternating chapters) and combined with a bookstore setting and a real-life scavenger hunt across New York sounds too amazing for words!

9 comments:

GABY said...

ohhhh! Both seems to be great! I'll add them to my to-read list ;)

My WoW

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Great picks! I hope you're enjoying your first WoW! :) My pick is up at my blog:

http://daisychainbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Aimee said...

I've seen Dash and Lily's Book of Dares a couple times. I'm getting excited the more I see it!

My WoW is here.

Alayne said...

The second one looks really fun! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the cover of passing strange is so different from the other ones in the series! i thought it might be a new series :)

kate.o.d said...

do you know how excited i am about the new cohn/levithan?

answer: very.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. Looks great!

-lauren

Jess said...

omg new Levithan & Cohn, I had no idea about this! Awesome, looking forward to it.

Girl Friday said...

Carrie - I posted a pic of the Australian/UK Passing Strange cover (these editions all have flowers on them for some reason) - they are so different from the US ones - like you said, totally looks like a different series.

Kate - Me too! I am ridic excited, so excited that I've already told my family to just get book vouchers for my bday as this comes out a couple of weeks later

Jess - Yay!!!

Post a Comment