Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mixed Bag #5

Another week, another post of linky goodness from some of my favourite blogs.

Upcoming Book to Film Adaptations - 15 books to read before they hit the big screen. I've got to say, I'm pretty excited for Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.

♥ Speaking of adaptations, new official Eclipse stills released, much to the excitement of Twi-fans. All I will say is damn, Jasper again got screwed over by the wig department. So did Alice. I think the good hair/make-up people must have left when Catherine Hardwicke did. Not that I really care about the films anyway, much .... I just like Jackson Rathbone

Why True Blood kicks Twilight's Ass - I probably come off as kind of anti-Twilight, where as in reality I try to be 'ehh' about it. I am a fan of True Blood though (the show more than the books actually) and I think this article makes some great comparisons and well-rationed arguments (with some snark thrown in for good measure).

♥ Sara Sherpard talks about the TV adaptation of her series Pretty Little Liars. I'm intrigued - sounds a bit Heathers meets Gossip Girl.

Realistic Teens Ahoy! Adele at Persnickety Snark discusses the realistic portrayal of the teenage experience (particularly in regard to parental relationships and family dyanmics) on NBC's Parenthood. I hope Parenthood airs on Australian screens soon!

♥ Emily Goll writes about the best TV shows depiciting teenagers in a guest post on Hey! Teenager of the Year. A fantastic post and spot-on in my opinion (I'm a huge Freaks and Geeks fangirl and still feel it is one of the shows that best depicts my own experiences as a teen - though obviously I did not attend high school in the late 70s. I love the Weirs so freaking much!).

♥ For teen movie buffs and trivia junkies, ONTD has a Teen Movie Trivia post.

♥ I've written an article for the Ricochet blog, run by my uni friend Emily with some advice on querying an agent.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment