Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mixed Bag #4

Super small collection of links this week as my bandwidth is nearly gone for the month (already? I know right? Painful.)


Tyra Banks is writing a book! - Modelland (pronounced Model Land) is "The story happens in a make-believe place called Modelland - every girl in the world wants to go there because it’s where “Intoxibellas” are trained. Intoxibellas are drop-dead beautiful, kick-butt fierce and, yeah, maybe they have some powers too". WTF??? Does anyone over the age of thirteen still take her seriously? (And this is coming from a serial ANTM-watcher).

Hilary Duff has also written a book - Elixir sounds kind of like three other novels I've already read, but smooshed together. However, I like Hilary and think she is professional and well-spoken, would be interesting to see how the book is received (especially after the success of Lauren Conrad's books. And I mean sales not literary success).

Henry Winkler has written 17 books! I had no idea! It was only when I started searching celebrities who had written children/YA fiction, that I discovered this tidbit. Good on him - every kid could learn a thing or two from Fonzie, eyyy!

Has anyone read any "celebrity-authored" kids/YA fiction?
If so, who was good? Who was not? Who was clearly using a ghostwriter?

Reading Stereotypes - Lauren Leto spills what your reading habits say about you. I wish their was one more YA/middle reader specific though! I am not clever/snarky enough to come up with these sort of things, otherwise I'd be all over it.

Stephenie Meyer writes boring sentences. Also, the sky is blue.

Just for the lulz, I'll leave you with Tyra Banks being om-nomed by RPattz (her facial expressions are hilarious!)




2 comments:

Jess said...

Intoxibellas??! That just .. it doesn't make any sense! It's not even a clever play on words. Am I expecting too much?

A YA version of Reading Stereotypes would be awesome! Round up the troops to make it happen, I say.

Girl Friday said...

I know right? Intoxibellas sound like drunk fairies or something. What made me laugh the most is that she explains that Modelland is pronounched "model (space) land".

I shall do my best :)

Post a Comment