Sunday, May 2, 2010

By My Bedside #6

By My Bedside is part of In My Mailbox - a weekly book meme, created by Kristi of The Story Siren.



A teeny, tiny pile of material is by my bedside this week. Mostly because I didn't end up having time to go to the library, and also because I still have a small pile of library books from the last two weeks waiting to be finished. Also, I am quite po-po at the moment, so no money for lovely new books unfortunately.

I've also included my recent collection of magazines. I probably haven't mentioned it here, but I'm sort-of a magazine junkie. I tend to buy them though and flick through the quickly, then save them for a quiet afternoon and read them cover to cover.

Anyway, here's the (new) things I'll be reading this week:
Empire - May issue (mostly purchased for the Goonies poster!!)
Nylon (from March - I only buy certain issues of Nylon as it's so $$ and full of ads and photos of hipsters)
Vanity Fair (also from March, again I only buy select issues like the Hollywood editions, and because this had an amazing John Hughes feature)
Frankie - May/June issue - I have a subscription, and love it. Yay for mail!
Peppermint - purchased for the amazing vintage fashion spreads

Dreaming of Amelia - Jaclyn Moriarty (I've had this book for a month or two, but am determined to read it this week)
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green & David Levithan (I think I've raved enough about my anticipation and excitement of this book's arrival)

What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What a great bunch of magazines! I seldom look at magazines. My TBR stack is too high. I hope you enjoy Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Happy reading!

Alayne said...

Great mailbox! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Girl Friday said...

Kathy - haha, my TBR pile is huge, but yet I always manage to grab cute magazines when I see them - I'm a sucker for pretty covers or nice photoshoots

Alayne - thanks, I'll have to check yours out :)

Jess said...

Vanessa and I saw vintage Goonies colouring & activity books at Clunes on the weekend, wishing I had bought one now!

Post a Comment