Monday, April 19, 2010

By My Bedside #4

So I've now joined Kristi from The Story Siren's weekly meme 'In My Mailbox' as I realised By My Bedside is pretty much the same idea. I'm still going to call it By My Bedside for now though as I don't really get any books in the mail (unless I buy something through ebay or Book Depository, which I have banned myself from doing for the rest of the month). All the books I read/feature right now are either my own copies or borrowed from my local library.

I decided to officially participate in IMM because I always love seeing what other people are reading (I'm a super nosey person).

It's a super big one this week as I had some time off the last few days and so went to the library a few times. I kind of went a bit overboard, but at least now I can't complain about having nothing to read!

Stack One (left)
Film - Rumble Fish (just because I've wanted to see it for a while)
Film - Persepolis (based on the graphic novel of the same name by Marjane Satrapi)
Film - Hating Alison Ashley (re-watch)
Film - Towelhead (re-watch)
After - Francine Prose
Invitation Only, Confessions and Untouchable - Kate Brian. (I read Private last month and was surprised to see the next three books all on-shelf at my library)
I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Sloane Crosby

Stack Two (right)
The Lottery - Beth Goobie
Screw Loose - Chris Wheat
Ex-Mas - Kate Brian
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters - Jane Austen  & Ben H. Winters
The Zombie Queen of Newbury High - Amanda Ashby (re-read for possible feature)
Always Mackenzie - Kate Constable
Falling From Grace - Jane Godwin
Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks - Ethan Gilsdorf (my major undergraduate paper was on TV fandom, and I'm kind of interested in this from a spectator's point of view)

So, what are you reading?

2 comments:

Zombie Joe said...

You like zombies and delinquents? You should try out Happy Hour of the Damned by Mark Henry. It is an irreverent series by fun as hell to read.

Anonymous said...

Love the Fantasy Freaks book!

Post a Comment